Pages

Micro Search Engine

Custom Search
Welcome To Microcontroller And Interfacing Programming

My Map

My Translator

Wednesday 3 June 2020

STM32F4 Minimal Circuit

This is a design PCB unit to support everything. This circuit is of course one of the main things on there is the micro. I am currently using the STM32F4 discovery board that has the 100 pin STM32F407VGT on board. Since this basically has everything that I need I decided to simply use that to keep it simple. This is the figure of the schematic.

 


We know that ARMs are a bit more complex so that's why this circuit is asking for help. or now we need a basic circuit that uses internal oscillators and needs as little hardware as possible (but will still work reliably). And we want it to be programmable using the SWD connector. Using different forums and the original datasheet I've come up with the circuit in the attachment. Is this OK or do I need anything else?

 

The data sheet mentions a 4.7uF capacitor on one of the power lines but I am not sure if this means that I need a 100nF capacitor and a 4.7uF one or just the 4.7uF. we are also not entirely sure about the VREF+ capacitor either. What else do I need if I want to use the internal RTC? Probably something connected to the VBAT pin? The datasheet mentions a power switch but I don't get how that's supposed to work. This article is based on roli’s blog in eevlog.com

 

My Ranks